Wednesday 30 December 2009

nicely toasted



your hideous smile
ambush mine
in that reflected light;
arrested I stand on top of thee
I meddle with your hands
tackle you to the ground
your doozy look can fool others
(mainly that woozy limpet in your arms)
you don't have a single bone in you
otherwise I would be gnawing you to pieces
a caricature of a poet, a
masquerade
(read this fact in his own words)
here I toast to you
one of my masterpieces

"I bow almost to the ground, topple over on top of you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dedicate this poem to
Percy Bisque Silley: A Romantic Dandy who accused me here, that I have forgotten to write poetry. I reproduce his words for ready reference:

Percy Bisque Silley said...

I do not count Mineself amongst thy Toadies and shall not leave the sort of vain and idle "Rah, rah!" to which you have grown accustomed, Miss.

Your words here are a poor excuse, if I may be so bold, for a Poetic Post.

No doubt you languish on a sofal watching your American football on your widescreen TV from your flat in the Bronx and cannot be bothered with a poem at this time...

With Stern Reproofly
Aloofly,
Silley

20 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this one..

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting :) Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, people are so different, so I suppose you should be happy if some hate your work, as such a passionate response also means some love it.
    It's being seen as mediocre that is the killer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cant please everyone, but I was... nicely done.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeeves and Dee: I find your comments both enjoyable and interesting, Hemingwayesque and ho-hum.

    Dear Anthonynorth: Nay, my fine Avuncular sir; the Killer is being taken seriously no matter how manifestly SILLEY one behaves.

    Ms. Tripathy: As to posting my Stern and Withering rebuke, I admire thy courage but much Fear that your Readers appear to misjudge the nature of our Learned silliness. They are a bit dole and dour, are they not?

    Gentle Readers Who Be Dole and Dour: I would commend thee to my recent post concerning bran cereal. A good bran in the AM can do much for the Personality.

    Ms. Tripathy, again:

    Go Figure “Gautami Tripathy”

    Gautami Tripathy I don’t know
    Just where the accents in your name go;
    If I put them in wrong
    ‘Twas not worth this song,
    Which I’ve metered in triplets Tripathy.

    Tim Remp (“Remp Roast”): You was nicely done indeed, and, if I may say so Sir, by thine own words.

    PS, Ms. Tripathy: I begin to doubt that your Commentators are actually Reading and Following this Learned correspondence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting back-and-forth. Perhaps Mr. Silley would like to join our collection of 3WW players and contribute?

    ReplyDelete
  7. a...a roast as well as a toast. clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think the words are hiding anything here - rather revealing a very strong and determined character.
    Cheers!
    And
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yet again you have managed to amaze me. I am always pleased when I read your pieces.

    Wishing you the best of 2010!

    3WW for Dec 30th, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two kill me lol love this writing and your Sir Silley
    I bow barely and fall on my padded knees, Sir

    dishpan, word verification...ok dispan but you know had to say

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting!

    Have a great Happy and Healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicely toasted...and well-done.

    This kind of reminds me of the MC battles of various rap artists from the 80's...but better, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laughing. The title works so well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoy writing these:

    >>a caricature of a poet, a masquerade <<

    into fiction.

    Brava, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your poem, it was full of fun and discovery. Have a really Happy New Year Gautami! I hope it is filled with adventure and love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoyable exchange! Here are my favorite lines:

    you don't have a single bone in you
    otherwise I would be gnawing you to pieces

    ReplyDelete