Thursday 23 November 2006

Where am I from?

I wrote this for a writing exercise for one of the networks. I know this is idealistic but what the hell....








Gomukh...origin of Ganges

..............................................

Where am I from?

I am from the land of saints,
where spirituality abounds.
Gita is the way of life
love for others is the norm.
all religions are embraced,
absorbed and esteemed.
Ganges washes our sins
giving us new lease of life.
Diverse cultures converge
at a single point but still
hold on to their own.

14 comments:

  1. I wish the sanity of the land were same as you have scripted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks andrew.

    Aalendu, it is for us to find the sanity and not the land which finds it for us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful one Gautami!
    And that picture is incredible!
    Have a great weekend!

    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are nothing without our unigueness. I think it is in the diversity we find the core of spirituality. I don't have a clue what that means, but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully,beautifully expressed...I feel a twinge of homesickness after reading this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a shot! and beautiful words... i wish everyone would think like that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that the source of the mighty Ganges? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ces, I think there is a connection. Both are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lotus, you are welcome to visit me. I will show you around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. polona, my brother sent me the picture. He had recieved it from HIS friend.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete