1. Do you write fiction or non-fiction? Or both?
I write almost anything. My fictional posts are based on real life situations. Although my poetry is generic, they too border on personal feelings. To put it briefly, I can write almost anything.
2. Do you keep a journal or a writing notebook?
I do have a journal where I jot down my observations. I also write poetry if something suddenly strikes my mind. However, nowadays my PC is more my journal!
3. If you write fiction, do you know your characters’ goals, motivations, and conflicts before you start writing or is that something else you discover only after you start writing? Do you find books on plotting useful or harmful?
As I write short pieces of fiction, I don't really need to develop my characters. However, sometimes what I have in my mind might turn out complete in my writing. It depends how the piece forms.
4. Are you a procrastinator or does the itch to write keep at you until you sit down and work?
Both are true for me. Sometimes, I get the itch to write down as I can't settle if I don't do so. At others, I do keep putting it off! I am trying to inculcate the habit of sitting down and write everyday, no matter what.
5. Do you write in short bursts of creative energy, or can you sit down and write for hours at a time? .
This too depends. I can write for long periods or not at all. Or maybe in short bursts. But when the feeling strikes, one has to sit down and write. Nonetheless, I have felt bored writing for longer periods. I do need breaks in between.
6. Are you a morning or afternoon writer?
I can write at anytime. I am an evening person but for the reason, I work in the day!
7. Do you write with music/the noise of children/in a cafe or other public setting, or do you need complete silence to concentrate?
It does not matter if there is noise, music or any other distractions. I can close myself in and write away to glory at any place.
8. Computer or longhand? (or typewriter?)
Long hand, and on computer.
9. Do you know the ending before you type Chapter One? Or do you let the story evolve as you write?
No, I definitely do not know the ending when I start writing. It simply goes with the flow. Many a times, it has ended in a complete different way from what I had intended.
10. Does what’s selling in the market influence how and what you write?
Not much. If I did, I would be writing porn, which sells!
11. Editing/Revision - love it or hate it?
I truly hate editing/revision. Once I write/finish anything, I want to move on to the next. I might came back later, much later to revise it!