Wednesday 11 June 2008

is it what is called love poetry?

A very rough draft...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

many a times, I will step out of line

talking in riddles,
making sense to no one but me
sometimes not even to me.
with your feet crossed at the ankles
you watch me indifferently
or pretend the indifference
because your slightly flaring
nose gives you away echoing the same
volatile emotions raging within me.
I am unable to hide, you are master at it

with that curl of your lips, I suppose
you are berating yourself more than
you can ever do that to me. perfectly
fitting, would you not agree?

12 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. Gautami. Again perhaps in the mirror, or who knows maybe with another. To you, a blessing of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SEX its what's for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if they don't agree, I DO. Great take on the prompt - I was "totally" stumped. I don't talk politics - on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, the intricate art of flirting and seducing... then again, i may be wrong but i like this nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh well you know what I think......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, G. Very visual and evocative.

    I'd love to see what this looks like once you polish it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To quote 10cc's The Things We Do For Love..(A-ah)

    "Communication is the problem to the answer"

    'Love' isn't a riddle, it's a combination of pheremones, environmental and psychological predispositions all tied up in a bow that we decide to act upon.

    After the biological stimulus melts away it is a decision that we make every morning..and noon...and night.

    Stop the cycle of misunderstanding and reward yourself...don't waste another second.
    Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes we ourselves in others, and are amazed at how much better they are at what we think we are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. Thx for the nice comment ... I hope so.

    Sweet smooches,
    The Tart
    ; *

    ReplyDelete