Thursday 14 December 2006

In Bangalore (II)




Flower Market in Bangalore








It has been six days in Bangalore. This is my third visit. Previous two ones I spent sightseeing, shopping and dropping dead at the end of the day. Now I seldom go out after the first two days. I prefer spending time with my SIL and my niece, not to forget my brother after he is back from office. Only places I have visited are few flower markets.

This time I am here for my brother's Grihapravesh (housewarming). I had promised him that I would attend his housewarming irrespective of when he held it. Mid December is very busy for us in school. Second terminal exams are held at this time of the year and we do not like to take leave at such times. But as I had made that promise, I took a week's leave and here I am in Bangalore. It was his Grihapravesh today. All those pujas (rituals) took a long time. It started at 8.30 am and finished at almost 4 pm.

I seldom sit through any puja but I don't what made me do that this time. I just did not get up. I had almost forgotten the rituals followed. But as we went along, my memory to refreshed itself. I seldom go to temple nowadays. I have a love-hate relationship with GOD. So I had closed my mind to all these rituals that Hindus follow in any Puja. I am a believer in Karma so why did I feel this way today?


Maybe I am less cynical than I thought I was. Maybe I need to reconnect with GOD. Maybe I am getting on with age. Maybe I am just being stupid. Too many excuses (or are these questions?) but no specific answers.

3 comments:

  1. Without questions, there are no answers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying your stay in Bangalore, Gautami. If I still lived there, I would have begged you to get me an invitation to the puja...I just love the ritual of it....the chanting, the prayers, the singing...there is an energy about the room that lifts me.

    Enjoy the rest of your stay and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pat: yes...

    lotus reads: You needn't have begged, angel dear, I would have wanted you to be there!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete