Tuesday 29 August 2006

Open letter to my bereaved SIL

I don't have words to express. I can only understand your suffering. I can imagine how you are feeling right now. This deep sadness, this sense of loss can never be fully comprehended unless one has experienced it. I can only offer you mere words. Nothing will soothe your heart for some time now. I can only share your thoughts if you care enough to share them with me. I will be there for you in spirit as I can't be there with you right now. You have to go too. To be with your mom, your siblings. They need you. You need them too.

Your dad wouldn't have wanted you to be sad. Yes, he is gone. You will miss him. No one take the place of our parents. But remember he always wanted the best for you. He did not suffer. He just went away quietly. He did not make you all suffer. Becos if he had suffered, you would have suffered too.

Now it seems impossible but the pain will lessen with time, you will only remember the love you shared. You will miss him no doubt but you will live too.

As you are aware, we do miss our dad. But we have good memories to tide us through. So will you. Do remember that we all love you too.

I pray for him. May his soul rest in peace......

........................................................................................................................................

My eldest brother's wife's(sister-in-law) dad passed away today a while back. She is in Bangalore and her dad was in Bhubaneswar. As I cannot hold her, I can only be with her in spirit. At this moment she is in no state to talk to us.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. My sympathies to the family and healing prayers to all. Hoping you are well Gautami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried talking to my sister-in-law after we received the news. She did come one the phone but no words came out of her. We just stood there holding the phone...our thoughts reaching out but words silent....

    I wrote this becos I know once the shock wears off, she will come here and read this....

    ReplyDelete