Sunday 5 February 2012

rising onto the sky

she holds fairy dust in her hands
pressurised into a triangular glass
it cuts into her palm
that redness matches her blood
which she will collect in a glass tumbler
her body disappeared into the earth
only her hands are visible
like two peas in a pod
someone etched her anguish into a sculpture

I again sprinkle fairy dust
the depths of its blackness sparkles on me.   
etching into the epidermis

"if I could pull her out of the earth
I would have shared the sparkles"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two lines in the second stanza aren't mine. I thank Rey-mundo for those. I know he will read it.

21 comments:

  1. I love fairies and folklore and all things related. Nice imagery. I'd have loved to have seen that glittery resurrection, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one definitely wins the prize for creative this week. Unsettling, too.

    And what a cool and kinda creepy photo!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My my! Your lines could cause an earthquake in a heart like mine, Gautami! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the contrast between the fairy dust and the anguish...nice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. true faerie lore ... what a brilliant piece of writing ... just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post, Rek! And that photo of the sculpture is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your twist on the prompt...
    Peace
    Siggi in Downeast Maine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my... that gave me shivers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ethereal and eerie edges of your poem are counter balanced by the sparkle and creativity, Gautami. I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done again Gautami....thanks for shaaring

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's quite an interesting image...and you did a great job of creating that image with your words...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this

    http://wanderwithoutbeinglost.blogspot.com/2012/02/grave-so-fine.html

    Wander

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharing sparkles is a fine thing to do. I enjoyed this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. someone etched her anguish into a sculpture

    So they did...

    ReplyDelete
  15. 'blood collected in a glass tumbler' ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gautami,

    Read all pending poems. Liked Gunned Down the most. It is a pleasure to read your poems.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are on the of the best writers for visualization. Your words are always so compelling and vivid to me. Love your style girl...even with a difficult prompt like this!

    ReplyDelete